Bone Density Exercise – Important For A Healthy Living
Osteoporosis leads to thinning of bone tissue and reduces bone density over time. Osteoporosis is associated with calcium deficiency. As suggested by medical experts, to improve bone health, bone density exercise is important.
There are different kinds of exercises for improving bone density. However, it is always advisable to consult a doctor to make sure the exercise you choose is safe for you. The latest weight bearing exercises include the following types of workouts:
- Tai Chi: This form of exercise includes slow and graceful moves that ensure proper coordination and healthy bones. It is considered to be an effective form of exercise that can reduce bone loss in postmenopausal women. Forty five minutes of Tai Chi everyday can reduce bone loss by three-and-a-half times slower rate as compared to non-tai-chi group.
- Yoga: Yoga can improve bone mineral density in women. According to reports, yoga can improve bone density in the spine and can also build bone health in hips and wrists that are prone to fracture.
- Brisk walking: Walking is considered to be a great way to restore your bone health. Walking four hours a week ensures 41 per cent lower risk of hip fractures as compared to the ones who do not go for regular walking.
- Aerobics: Aerobics is yet another effective weight-bearing exercise that can preserve and improve bone health. Water aerobics can improve bone health.
However, if you notice the following signs during exercise, then you should immediately consult a doctor:
- Unusual or persistent fatigue
- Increased weakness and continuous pain
- Decreased range of motion
- Increased joint swelling
Bone density exercise can improve health and add meaning to your life.